To help spread my digital product management learning, I give presentations about the following topics:
- What is product management
- Leadership tips for the product manager
- The 4 life stages of a product
- How to recognize?
- What to do?
- Relationship between product management and other areas of the company (Engineering, UX, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Customer Support, Operations, HR)
- Difference between product management and project management
- Difference between product management and product marketing
- Diversification vs focus
- How to manage a product portfolio
- What kind of company needs software product management
- The role and responsibilities of a Head/VP of Product
- Creating product vision and strategy
- How to organize your product development team
- Creating a product culture
These presentations can range from 15-minutes talks to 8-hour workshops. Can be online or face-to-face. In the workshops, besides talking about some of the topics above, I also coordinate some practical exercises to help people get hands-on experience with some product management tools and practices.
These presentations are offered either publicly in major events or in-company. The in-company model enables several people from your company to participate, thus helping to equalize knowledge about digital product management and development.